According to a recent report sponsored by Autism Speaks, employers can benefit from hiring individuals with autism because they are often “excellent, dependable, and long-term employees” that tend to “follow company rules, arrive on time, and have low rates of absenteeism.” Training is crucial not only for the employee with autism but also for his or her coworkers and managers. MSM Social Coaching can provide workshops to help employers and employees better understand the unique needs of those on the autism spectrum. Beth, Karen, and Sally can customize training specific to your company or location.
Topics may include:
- Understanding Autism and ADHD: Getting the Most from your Employees
- Visual Strategies and Other Techniques for Success
- Dealing with Stress and Anxiety in the Workplace
- Accommodations and iPad Apps for Productivity
- Dealing with Challenging Behaviors